The MUIS provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. MUIS Merit Partial Scholarships are country-specific and will be awarded progressively through the year to future applicants to Macquarie University. The MUIS is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit.
What does MUIS Merit cover?
MUIS Merit is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, it is equivalent to $5,000 and it will be awarded towards the commencement fee or reimbursed if fees already paid.
The MUIS Merit Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study. This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
The MUIS Merit Scholarship is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Who can apply?
- Be a citizen of any of the following countries:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam
- Have met the University's academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You are enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT.
How to apply?
Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must complete an online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- MUIS Merit
Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
Applicants applying for the MUIS Merit scholarship will not be required to submit Referee's Report or a Statement of Purpose. Once you have completed the online MUIS application form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What are the key dates?
|Session||Course Application Deadline||MUIS Merit Application Deadline||Outcome Advised|
|Session 2 2013||1 April 2013||31 May 2013||Two weeks after the end of every month|
|Session 1 2014||1 October 2013||30 November 2013|
Visit the official website at http://mq.edu.au/