The Scott Sutherland School of Architecture and Built Environment is pleased to offer a number of merit scholarships to outstanding students who wish to study at the School from September 2013.
Please read through the following information carefully.
- Number of awards in academic year 2013/14: 11
- 7 awards can be applied for by students in receipt of an offer to one of the following courses: MSc Construction Project Management, Pg Dip/MSc Architectural Studies, and Graduate Diploma Surveying. These awards will comprise 1 award of £5,000 and 6 awards of £2,000.
- 4 awards can be applied for by self-funding students in receipt of an offer for MSc Commercial Practice for the Energy Sectors. These awards will be of £2,000 each.
In the event of a lower number of students attaining the merit criteria, the Scholarship fund will be divided equally among qualifying students.
- Who can apply: You may be an international student or you may be a UK / EU student wishing to study on a full-cost course.
- You need to complete an application form and return it to the School. Please see below for further details.
How to Apply
- We must receive your completed application no later than 28 June 2013.
- Please note that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study on an eligible course at the School commencing September 2013; you must therefore ensure that your application for a place is submitted well in advance of 28 June 2013.
- As part of the application process you are required to write a short statement in support of your application, which should address the following points:
- Why you are applying for the scholarship
- How you will benefit from the opportunities that being given the award will provide
- How you would contribute to the University community during your studies here
- You may refer to activities, achievements and personal qualities which are particularly relevant to your application.
- You should also include:
- A scanned transcript of your highest academic qualification
- A scanned copy of your IELTS/TOEFL certificate or other English language qualification
- A scanned copy of your University offer letter (or email if you have not received your letter)
- A portfolio of relevant work if applying for PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies
- Applications must be complete. Applications which are incomplete, missing required data or are illegible will be considered invalid. You may only apply for an award once. Multiple applications will not be considered.
The School's award panel will meet in July 2013 to consider all eligible scholarship applications received by the due date.
The School will assess all applications against the following criteria:
- Previous academic record and your suitability for postgraduate study in School, ie:
- Class of degree / CGPA / final score of first degree
- Relevance of your first degree to the course you are applying for
- The standing of the previous academic institution attended
- Any prizes or awards given to you in your first degree
- Portfolio (PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies only)
- Relevant industrial or professional experience
- Evidence of workplace experience that is relevant to the course you are applying for
- Personal achievements - evidence of personal achievements in your life to date which indicate your ability to contribute to the wider life of the University community during your studies and the professional community that you will be joining on graduation.
- In the event that 2 applications are scored identically and only one award is available, the panel will award the scholarship to the first application received, using the date of receipt in the University as the relevant date.
For further information please visit the official website at http://www.rgu.ac.uk/